• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of heatercore??! pls help newbie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mr_kow

Registered
hello.
I am trying to start a watercooling setup, very basic with a heatercore.
My local auto store (pep boys) does not have a 86 chevette heatercore.
are there any other similarly sized copper heatercores that would fit in my case (antec sx830)?

thanks a lot

Toysrme

You're telling me a Pep boy's Autozone or Nappa didn't ask you if you'd wait two days for the truck to arrive? Man they all get stocked atleast once a week I KNOW. If you go back and ask, I'm sure they'll put you one on the next truck that comes out.

-Toysrme

SemiCycle

ABSOLUTLY. I've purchased 2 of my heatercores from Autozone for 16.99 and they were both in stock (lucky me). Right after the guy sold me the second one a month after the first, he said he placed an order to replace that one and it would arrive in a day or 2. He said they get about 4 deliveries a week from the warehouse truck.

Toysrme

Auotazone rocks ;) $17 heater cores, $40 will get you disk brakes for life. And room mates can gank stuff for you ;) (guess that only applies to me LoL)

My last set of pads for my '99 Protege was on a truck and delivered the next day. I've you're anywhere near any size community. It's just a question of what time you go in the store and ask them to order it from their warehouse that decides if it will be one day or two.

Good luck.

SemiCycle

Toysrme said:
Auotazone rocks ;) $17 heater cores, $40 will get you disk brakes for life. And room mates can gank stuff for you ;) (guess that only applies to me LoL)

My last set of pads for my '99 Protege was on a truck and delivered the next day. I've you're anywhere near any size community. It's just a question of what time you go in the store and ask them to order it from their warehouse that decides if it will be one day or two.

Good luck.

Ahhh, another satisfied customer. :D

Toysrme

Ofcource ;) Even if I did buy 1/2 the stuff I've gotten from there in the past few months, they still give great service. They even let you use all tools they have on hand. In the event that they don't have one you can borrow, they'll break open a package if they have to.

Autozone A+ service ;)

(shameless plug <g>)