• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What looms over the horizon.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, all is going great, now to get the next 2 3080's setup then move my 2 2080's from AMD systems to an Intel system so I CAN RULE OVER YOU ALL!! :rofl: :chair:

You're not going to be number 1, but I do thank you for getting @HayesK to bring more folding power back to T32. He's already at 31M points for the last 24 hours.

He must have just gotten a massive amount of 3090s, because over on Curecoin, in the last 2 days he is churning out 250M points a day. Up from about 45M.

So, none of us can compete, but we can probably get double our PPD to the team when we challenge what he has here.

Hmmmm, should I get 2 more 3080's or stay with the 4 I have now?
Get 2 more...:cool:

I'll start the Petition for you to get 2 more and everyone can sign it...:thup::attn::grouphug:

If they would just stock the original 3080 at $700 I would buy 2 more myself.:unsure::cry:
I just can't bring myself to buy a 3070 Ti with less performance for the same amount of money. As bad as stock was last year...The cost was less.

Last edited:
Where are you finding 3080s for $700?
Well not now...but the ones I have were all original retail from either the EVGA notify que or Newegg Shuffle...which I won at least 6 times or more. All priced in the $700's (Before tax and shipping)EDIT: $700 to $800 range depending on the SKU.

They are not selling the original 10GB 3080's now just the more expensive 12GB. Yet I think I am still in an active notify que at EVGA...tho have given up hope, as the SKU will likely be abandoned.

If you peruse the Nvidia section for the thread I started to post up your RTX's I think I listed everyone when I bought it and what I paid. We were all paying the original MSRP from the EVGA notify last year.

EDIT: No my bad my first one was $809 as it was the FTW3 Ultra...

Last edited:
Number 3 and 4 RTX 3080 is up and running, HFM reports 35M PPD, the PC is still running Win 7 and there are a few snags so in the next few days I will install Win 10.

What's the average PPD for your 3080s on the current WU mix?
My faster #1 PC reflects that (link)...These are 10GB cards. The one with a new 12GB I have only had running since 2PM...so it is too soon. Might swap slots...

Last edited:
What's the average PPD for your 3080s on the current WU mix?
Most of the time it's around 4.5 to 6.5 mil but I've seen it as low as 3.5 mil on some crapy WU's and as high as 7 mil on real good WU's, don't remember the WU numbers.

Back