• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What MOBO should I get? EPOX EP-8KHA+? SOLTEK SL-75DRV2 (Purple Ray) ? IWILL XP333?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gnufsh

What MOBO should I get? EPOX EP-8KHA+? SOLTEK SL-75DRV2 (Purple Ray) ? IWILL XP333?

I'm building a computer and thinkinking about some serious overclocking, so I would like to know which board is the best. I don'[t want to spend much more than a hundred dollars (US), because I am poor and cheap. I also want the best motherboard possible for that ammount of money. I am mainly looking at the EPOX EP-8KHA+, SOLTEK SL-75DRV2 (Purple Ray) , and IWILL XP333. Which do you think is the best? Any other suggestions? What does the "Purple Ray" on the soltek mean?

Thanks,

-Dan

eli

Go with Epox. I just replaced my shuttle with it, and I couldn't be happier. They certainly got my vote.

Purple ray... i believe it's purple! :)

Sounds like you are going to go through newegg? Good choice. Great people.

OP
G

Gnufsh

Maybe I should wait and get a Shuttle AK35GTR? Anyone had any experiences with this? So far, I'm looking at EPOX EP-8KHA+, SOLTEK SL-75DRV2 (Purple Ray) , IWILL XP333, and Shuttle AK35GTR. I'll start with a Duron 850, but will probably be upgrading soon. So which is the best?

OP
G

Gnufsh

see if this helps Motherboard Tests
Yes, I read the article, but I have also trolled the forums and looked at other reviews.

Sounds like you are going to go through newegg? Good choice. Great people.
That is who i'm planning on going with for now. I've heard good things about them in this forum and thay have good prices.

Do the Beta Bioses for the Epox board give it an advantage? Does the extra latentcy in the Iwill board because of its chipset makeit a bad choice? Just what is the "Red Storm Overclocking" on the soltek board? Does it give the board an advanage? What about stability?

OP
G

Gnufsh

I'm probably going with the Epox, but I haven't purchesed it yet. I'll post again when I do (it may be a couple of weeks). If anyone thinks that this is a bad choice, I'd really like to know.