• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What more Could I Do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sumwut_damaged

Registered
Ok, as of right now my computer is runnin at 48c full load, I've been tryin to get it down, so i could OC more, On really cool nights if i set the comp up next to the window i could get to about 146FSB, I have everything in a full server tower, i put in a 80mm exhaust fan at the top, cut the vents out of my PSU cut the grill out of the front for an 80mm fan, cut a whole in the side of the case to duct the 92mm fan i got with the HS cut a second whole in the the door a lil under and to the side for another 80mm intake fan and still my system temp is 33c, I've lapped the Heatsink, I'm using Cooler Master Thermal Paste......Can Some 1 Give me sum Ideas on wut else i could do to cool down my comp?

james.miller

slk-800. or, slk-900 if it fits.
AcEmAsTr said:
Arctic Silver 3 thermal compound should lower it 2-3c
lol. no it wont. last time i checked, the coolermaster paste had shin etsu in it and performed right on par with as3.

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
Yup that should do it. Although if price is really not an issue and sound is your best solution would be water cooling some cheap full kits are at $80 but you would do better to build one your self and get better results

countermods

Disabled
if money doesnt matter get the swiftech thermal elecric hsk and get an 80 mm tornado or 92mm tornado f5 the 80 mm like 84 cfmk the 92 mm f5 is 199 cfm

OP
S

sumwut_damaged

Registered
LOL....I just updated the BIOS, it fixed a bug in the temp readings....My new temp is 42 LOAD....but i'll proly still look into gettin a better HS....THX AGAIN