• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Online RPG is good now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drenader

I have been out of the online rpg games for awhile now. Last i played was UO which i was majorly addicted to and had a blast with, havnt played in a year or so though now i have time int he summer to readdict myself to a new game. I know a lot of people like ever quest and a lot of new games are coming out like lineage?. So what game would be good to get into now? I liked UO for all the objects you could get and i even ended up selling my accout and broke even from all the money i spent paying monthly fees. SO i am open to your suggestions. I am playing on a 5600ultra so hopefully i can handle most the online games.

Thanks

Dre

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
its an old game, but a suprising amount of people still play it. Asheron's call 1
I played it from beta up until about 1 year ago. Very good game, graphics are okay but the game play is excellent.

LancerJay

i really lilked lineage2 when the beta was out. the graphics are nice and it's fun to play. although i quit after beta ended because i don't believe in paying monthly fees to play a game.

AC Slater

Diablo 2 is a pseudo rpg and Blizzard just announced that the first ladder season is coming to an end. That means for a few weeks there shouldn't be any totally decked out characters.

OP
drenader

drenader

Yeah the appealing thing about the newer games though is that there wont be any one that is super advanced when compared to everyone else. Thats why i might be leaning to one of the newer games.

OP
drenader

drenader

Yeah its running like $50 and $15 a month, should be good for the summer at least, just need something to keep me occupied till school starts.

El-Scotto

Lineage 2 cant touch asherons call :p
although dated there is still a wide range of levels amongst characters, alot more new players also since the opening of the latest server, plus another expansion due out soon adding more content plus graphics upgrade, you can get it off of fileplanet for just 12.95, worth a shot if you want a good MMO ;)

Banyan

aren't they all pretty much the same at this point? i mean u kill npc's over and over again...? i have completely given up hope of finding a mmog that can keep my interest past two weeks, after that time they feel like just another lame chore sucking up my time while i do the most repetitive bs i could think of... lineage and eve were my breaking point.

OP
drenader

drenader

yeah might look into asherons call too, i have my computer then a low spec laptop. This asheron would play on a p3 700mhz thinkpad t20 with some random savage graphics card?

SLO DWN

Registered
Final Fantasy XI handsdown.

40 paladin
36 dark knight
30 black mage
30 white mage
20 thief
17 warrior

$50 for the game + $12.95/month

i'm surprised noone brought this game up

El-Scotto

asherons call can practically run on everything, also AC was the first game to start doing free monthly updates, and they havent missed one yet, these updates are a lot more than bug fixes they add quests, lore and other things to the game (which is about 55 or so patches to the game so far). With amount of content it down right beats anygame for things to do. It is one of the most solo friendly games also. Another great thing about AC is the loot system, there is no crafting weapons or armor in AC which means killing monsters and checking corpses is meaningful you arent just mindlessly killing this for just exp....go try it ou! if you do let me know i got a couple chars on there :beer:

Gregory_WE

AC is definitely the best MMORPG out there, however, it is starting to show its age unfortunately. I've played it for 4 years so I just stopped temporarily (you can only play one game for so long hehe). You could try it if you want, but most people are scared away by its expansiveness (in terms of in-game systems) and 5 year old graphics engine, although it really is decent for as old as it is.

I would not suggest Lineage 2. If you aren't an experienced MMORPG'er then it may seem like a decent game because the entire genre is new and interesting, but in comparison to others it is fairly lacking.