• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Online RPG is good now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SLO DWN said:
Final Fantasy XI handsdown.

40 paladin
36 dark knight
30 black mage
30 white mage
20 thief
17 warrior

$50 for the game + $12.95/month

i'm surprised noone brought this game up

I hate monthly fees, Me -> busboy :bang head

radium said:
I hate monthly fees, Me -> busboy :bang head

im sure you make more than 12.95 a month tho :p

anyways I agree greg i just took a awhile off and came back recently because of the new server but it is more fun than ever now in my opinion.

I like to think of the monthly fees as all the games I would have bought if I wasnt so addicted to other games at the time.

I usually spend 100 bucks a month on games, but when I am playing an MMO I rarely buy any other games, so buy playing an MMO, I am saving money.

Yeah when i played ultima online i probally put in a good 2 years, i need another addicting game like that to tickle my fancy.

See i dont like games that addict you for more than 6 months, it just seems to get stale, i like to mix it up, if i have to pout in years to be godly then its not worth it. Thats why i liked Diablo II you could level up fast and then ud be in fair shape and then could search for items to become better.

Has anyone played Sociolotron Beta ?

It seems to me that's going to be one sick MMORPG... :D

Probably will be average like everything that has come out these last few years. I have yet to see a break through, modern MMORPG. However, Everquest II is what I'm waiting for.

ADDED: Checked out the website and the game looks terrible to say the least. Can you explain why you think it would do so well or be so cool....

everquest 2 doesn't look all that great to me. No pvp, high end requirements and everything looks bulgey.

I started up Lineage 2 again after trying to quit. I just couldn't let it go. I quit cuz it was getting too addicting. I rest my case...

Yeah those older ones look appealing just because i will be gone for 2 weeks and only have my ghetto 700mhz laptop. I went to walmart and target since they are the only things near that have pc games and just looked at lineage 2, Everquest, and Final Fantasy. Everquest had so many expansions that go with it that made it upappealing and final fantasy looked odd since i never played anyoff the others before, and i went to walmart last and decided i wanted to play lineage 2 but they didnt have any and i didnt feel like going back to target since they were almost closed. Was really in the mood to start a game now, might have to pop in the old ultima online and do that, but it has had so many updates.

Ill get a game soon.

Dre

Sociolotron looks like something some perv loser is making in their basement.... The website looks like a 5th grader made it and the game looks like a plugin for the Sims. But it does have some intersting innovations like blackmail. But really sex has no place in an MMORPG, and do they honestly believe that no one under 21 will play it?!?!

I finally started back into MMO games and can honestly say, nothing has changed since day 1 of EQ all those years back. The best you can hope to do is find one that really interests you and get some friends in it. I have been rather disapointed with the new crop including SWG, Lineage II, FFXI and City of Heros.

IMO, Asheron's Call was better then all of them, but after two years its REALLY, REALLY boring, just like all MMO games get.

IMO, City of Heros is technically as close to perfect (VERY user freindly and relatively hassle free) as any MMO game out right now, but its still a bunch of killing to level. The only thing keeping me playing (and enjoying) is the new take on abilities and customization. Its very cool to beable to fly and do all the other super hero stuff, since I was a huge comic book fan back in the day.

Like I said though, I can get into the super hero stuff so I enjoy CoH the most. You need to find a theme that you can really get into because killing mobs is pretty much killing mobs no matter what MMO game you play.

Someone needs to bring some single player game aspects to MMOs to give kill, kill, rinse and repeat a bit of an overhaul.

drenader said:
Yeah those older ones look appealing just because i will be gone for 2 weeks and only have my ghetto 700mhz laptop. I went to walmart and target since they are the only things near that have pc games and just looked at lineage 2, Everquest, and Final Fantasy. Everquest had so many expansions that go with it that made it upappealing and final fantasy looked odd since i never played anyoff the others before, and i went to walmart last and decided i wanted to play lineage 2 but they didnt have any and i didnt feel like going back to target since they were almost closed. Was really in the mood to start a game now, might have to pop in the old ultima online and do that, but it has had so many updates.

Ill get a game soon.

Dre

lol, yeah. EQ has more expansions then pediphile charges against the "alleged" king of pop.

Why not charge $50 for the game, then put out a $30 expansion every 6 months to pay for upkeep so all those monthly fees are just gravy. Sony is milking that one like... well like the "alleged" king of pop is milking little boys(king of ped might be more appropriate).

heh i am waiting for WoW to come out .. till then i switch between everquest (been with it since the start) ... and Lineage 2 ...

hmm soo many choices, might try asherons call 2 since it has that 15 day trial. I have really been in the mood to buy something but nothing out there has really caught my attention.

Dre

Back