• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What p3 should I look for?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gkams

Registered
Should receive my Abit dual VP6 soon. My question is what p3 cpu should I look for? The prices vary so much on the net that I must be confused on these processors. I was told that intel has discontinued these processors for the p4. I would like to buy from newegg but need to make sure what to purchase. I need to stay on the budget so any info on where to go will appreciated.
thanks
gkams

Yodums,
I will be using duals for this mobo. But I 'm confused on what is really a p3. I want to purchase from newegg since I have had really good service from them. They show a 1gig p3 for around $65.00 in their processor section under intels. But have a section for intel p3s which show a price around $118.00. Can a p3 be a celeron? And which is it, $65.00 or $118.00? This is where I am confused. The reason I am asking is because I was informed the Abit vp6 will only run p3 not celeron. Anyone who can clear this up for me?
gkams

$65 is the celeron, $118 is the PIII. You can't use dual celerons because Intel had SMP disabled in the fcpga celerons.

Back