• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What power supply??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J-Wheelz

Registered
I am putting a new pc together and I am wondering what would be the best ps for me to purchase....I have an athlon xp 1700 in a Dragon K7 plus mobo. Does the video card and how many drives make much of a difference???(or is that a dumb question ;-)

J

Look for a quality PSU, like Antec or Enermax, that is at least 300w, but preferably higher if you can afford it.

Both the ones that stool mentioned are fine. I recommend
Sparkle, not only because I have read that they are very good,
but because I have one. I am very satisified with it too.

The power supply in general is overlooked a lot, so don't get a cheap one.

I have to recommend the one I have, an Enhance. I never heard of the brand before til I bought this Cheiftec case, but this thing is solid. +5V stays around 5.2, and +12V around 12.2. I got it from newegg, I think they're like $30-40...combined power is 279W, rated at 300W, P4 and XP compatable...:D

Wolfmist is right don`t buy a cheap PSU & go for at least 350W some people might dissagree but if you buy a good PSU now it will be there for your future upgrades.

Acko

Back