• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What program should I use to monitor temps... In Ubuntu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gwar2288

Title says it all really, finally managed to get my broadcom wireless card to work :clap: and am running Karmic as I type :comp:

Now I just need something to monitor temps with. I am not too worried, I have already done my overclocking work on Windows, but I'd like something there, just to keep an eye on it and to hit the button if **** hits the fan ;)

muddocktor

Retired
If you don't get any response in Cooling about this over the next day or so, I'll move this over to the Alt OS forum for you. Since I don't do Linux I can't help you out on this, unfortunately.

OP
G

gwar2288

If you don't get any response in Cooling about this over the next day or so, I'll move this over to the Alt OS forum for you. Since I don't do Linux I can't help you out on this, unfortunately.

Heh, it was a coin flip for me. On one hand it's Linux, on the other it's related to cooling :D

Bobnova

Install lm-sensors, and then i like Gkrellm to monitor the temps, it's a really good program.

OP
G

gwar2288

Install lm-sensors, and then i like Gkrellm to monitor the temps, it's a really good program.

Awesome, thank you :D

However, I cannot detect my CPU temp. It picks up my GPU and HDD sensors however :(
Ah well :shrug: Thanks again anyway :D

xrodney

Registered
Awesome, thank you :D

However, I cannot detect my CPU temp. It picks up my GPU and HDD sensors however :(
Ah well :shrug: Thanks again anyway :D
Did you tried to run command like "sensors-detect" ?
If i remember this should be used after installing lm-sensors to make it look for all sensors on your system.

Sorry if if i got command wrong its quite some time now i was running linux and cannot test it.

Bobnova

That is indeed the correct command, it needs to be run as root though.
Once lmsensors is all configured Gkrellm should pick up the cpu temp.