• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What pump for what radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SBeaver

OK I'm getting swifttech CPU block, swifttech mcw50 GPU block and then I've been thinking of an Eheim 1048 (I'm going all 1/2")
Now if I use an Eheim 1048, will that be enough for the above blocks AND a Black Ice Xtreme?
Or do I have to get the weaker Black Ice Pro? (I assume it has less resistance)

Ge|atinousFury

I think the 1048 would do for your setup, including a better radiator. The 1250 would be be a bit better, though, as nikhsub1 stated in the post after mine.

May I suggest one of the Dtek heater cores found here. It's very much like the Chevette heatercores, in fact. Heatercores like these work a lot better than models like the Black Ice Xtreme. Gotta get that heat out:D

Last edited:

Toysrme

I'm just curious. Other than the fact that it's smaller. What dose that $34 Dtek heatercore have over my $15 Autozone Ford Ranger core that's bigger??? And we all know bigger cores give us 15C BS temp drops just like those Type-R stickers give civics an extra 10 BS horsepower. <g>

Anywho I vote get a Eheim 1250 and buy am 87-91 Ford Ranger core. The best news is that there is no Barb work for 1/2 inch lines like some of the Chevy cores require.
-Toysrme

OP
S

SBeaver

Well I'm limited to the choice really since I can only afford to buy all from one place since overseas shipping costs and I have finally found a good store that will allow me to avoid taxes and still have good prices.
They don't have anything but Black Ice Xtreme and Pro so then if the pump can take one I might get one.
Pump will be bought locally and they really don't have anything better like the 1250.
It would be a little difficult either way.

MikeTimbers

What about barb sizes? WHY must some specs talk about ID and some OD??

I'm interested in the Black Ice Prime (good/bad?) with the 1048 and the MC462-U. I think this is all 3/8" ID but am I right?