• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What rad do I need for my build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Man7ra

As the title suggests I need to get a rad for my water-cooling build. This is my first one. I decided to go water-cooling because of the obvious reasons, temps and silence. Anyways my system specs are as following:

Case: NZXT-Phantom
GPU: HIS 6990 4GB (non oc)
CPU: Intel i7 950 (planning on oc'ing but only slightly)
PSU:Corsair AX 1200W PSU
RAM:8 GB Kingston 1336Mhz
MOBO: ASUS Rampage Xtreme III

WC stuff I've already bought:

Fans: Noiseblocker NB-Multiframe M12-P 120mmx25mm Ultra Silent PWM Fan - 1000-2000 RPM. X4
Coolant: Feser One UV blue
Rez: Swiftech MCRES-Micro ReV 2
Pump:Innovatek Eheim HPPS Plus 12V Water Pump (132.1 GPH)
Tube:Tygon R-3603 1/4" ID (3/8" OD)
CPU-Block:EK Supreme HF Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block
GPU-Block:Koolance VID-AR699
Compression fittings x12

So what I want is to Water-cool my GPU and my CPU and my question is, What radiator do I need?

This is my first post here and anyone that answers this will be my hero! this will be my favorite PC forum of all time if you answer!

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
First, ditch the colored coolant as it will xrap ur loop up.

Second, you would want 4x120mm or more worth of rad to keep thungs cool. If quiet is your goal, id go 5x120mm

OP
M

Man7ra

U know of any cases that look friggin awesome that will fit a mayby a quad and a single or a five 120mm one? needs to be not too much over 370-380$ range. I can go 400$ tops for a new case.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
In case you have a change of heart and want some further input on this, I moved it to the watercooling section. You should get more responses in this area.

Welcome to the forums!
:)

Matt

robble

You probably want tubing that is a little larger too. 1/4"id is very small.

I personally really like the looks of the nzxt switch 810. Room to easily put a 320 and 240 radiator inside.

Bad ConNecTioN

I think a radiator off a big block chevy would be your best bet.....or perhaps something off a Peterbuilt! :screwy:

Since you aren't looking for extreme overclocks, a 120x3 would be fine. Hook the fans up to a fan controller and crank them up when gaming or doing other intensive tasks. The watercooling extremophiles have polluted the knowledge base a bit...you don't need 50 radiators to cool a computer, especially if you aren't planning on overclocking, as you alluded to.

notJUSTguitar

I personally really like the looks of the nzxt switch 810. Room to easily put a 320 and 240 radiator inside.

Oooh I really like the look of that case, and it has enough room for water cooling. I haven't found a case yet that I like (and has a big side window)....
I'll keep this one in mind for when I buy a new case :)

But...that thing is HUGE compared to my crap case I have now lol.