• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what should i do about the greenie/chipset heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warduck

Registered
I've got a be6-2 mobo. I just remove the greenie/mobo chipset heatsink. I found that the surface of the greenie was rough an there was no thermal grease. I'm told this is normal.
This is my question should I smooth the surface of the greenie an put articsilver on it an put it bak

or

I have a cut down p3 heatsink I made for a vid card. Should i use articsilver epoxy an glue this thing on there as its 3 times the surface area of the greenie.
I could put that on with or with out a fan.

Keep in mind I have a huge alpha cooler for the cpu blowing serious air on the mobo chipset.

what ya think I should do

Wierd, i think ive replied to this before, anyway. Either will do, but if your not using that p3 heatsink/fan for anything else, theres no such thing as to much ;-)

IF you can fit a 486 fan on it under the Alpha, do it. If not, lap the greenie, and put some Arctic Silver on it.

Mr B

Back