• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should I Get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lem6687

Im in the market for a new motherboard and im having a bit of trouble. Ive had my mind set on Epox for a while. Epox is a great board for overclocking and thats something i wish to do. But im also a heavy gamer, and I would like the best gamer board. I hear that Epox isnt a good gaming board and is highly recommended just for overclocking. Anyone know of a good or the best gaming board, that has good overclocking abilities?

AMD or Intel m/board ??? My past AMD system with an Epox 8K7A+ was GREAT for gaming and OC'ing ! I highly recommend the Abit IT7 series of boards . My .02 ;)

Last edited:
over at the other forums I post more at they recommed the ECS K7S5A board, i found it at newegg for 57 bucks, everyone said it was a great stable board, but was very poor for overclocking....and for months i have been looking at the Epox 8K5A2+ for awhile, great board. BTW, im looking for a AMD Board :)

Last edited:
Here's a pretty hot AMD m/board , check it out ..... HERE and a review HERE . :cool: (and "YES" the ECS K7S5A is a great STABLE m/board ; I own 2 systems using this board and NO problems ever . It's as you already know , just NOT made for OC'ing)

Last edited:
I own an ECS K7S5A and it's a rock, but I regret getting it now because it has NO overclocking features. I'd be nice to have your cake and eat it too sometimes...

Back