• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should I get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

I just some money today and I wanted to get either more memory (+512) or one of those mobile xp, right now I have a tbred-a at 2.153mhz and I was wondering which one is going to be the best way to spend my money.

Thanks

We've been noticing that 2400+ mobiles have 'only' been doing 2.4 GHz lately.

Consider 2500+ and 2600+ mobiles instead.

2600+s have been hitting 2.7 GHz this month, but they do cost a bit more...

I've seen Bartons run on his board so he's OK as far as compatibility goes.

He doesn't have a PCI lock so he needs those unlocked multis that mobiles offer.

It's an nforce2 board so I do have the pci lock. What I do really that stresses my computer the most is playing games, but sometimes i'll watch a movie listen to music but no encoding or anything of the sort. And i want the best performance in the long run cause I will not be upgrading anytime soon.

I'd say go with the 2600+M because i ahve the same heatsink and it is actually very good so u could hit good speeds with that :]

After some thought about this and I think I'll be also getting a new mobo, since I want this system to last a couple of years without any upgrade. I know that everyone says that the nf7-s is the best board so I would like to know more about it, like features and what cames with it ( raid, ethernet, sound). I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the 2600+m.
Now I was thinking of selling all of this stuff that I'll be replacing like the mobo and the cpu and I would like of an opinion to see how much I should sell this suff for, mobo is a GigaByte Triton K7 Ga-7N400-L1 which I got from ebay for $80 something last september and the processor is a Athlon XP 2200+ Tbred-A that I got last january for $53 plus shipping.

Cant go wrong with XP-M 2600 :).
me => nf7 v.2 ( being cheap and broke :cry: )

=> 225 x 11 :burn: ( more to go but should way for PS arrives)

Back