• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what should my core voltage be

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arden

kt7a mb,1200tb,I set voltage to auto which says 1.75 in bios,mbm says it is 1.8-1.81 is this right for my proc.Thought I seen somewhere this proc was 1.8 but cain't remember where.

Sonny

Senior TIFOSI
That's something you have to be aware of, voltage differences from what you set in SOFT MENUIII & it's usually higher in the Health Menu. The old faithful TBirds usually were set at 1.75V so adjust till you get the proper hang of it. My KT7A-RAID added .1V to my VCore & 3.3V rail.

Last edited:

takiwa

from what I have seen, voltage always shows .5V higher once you boot to the OS...keep this in mind when raising your voltage...

BIOS > OS

1.75 = 1.825

Sonny

Senior TIFOSI
takiwa said:
from what I have seen, voltage always shows .5V higher once you boot to the OS...keep this in mind when raising your voltage...

BIOS > OS

1.75 = 1.825
.5V increase when you boot to the OS?!

VCore 1.75V
VCore +.5V
---------------
VCore 2.25V

That's one hell of a change:eek: :D

takiwa

.5V increase when you boot to the OS?!

sorry, I should have said .05, and my math was wrong...too early in the morning!

I don't know how accurate it is, but if I set my BIOS at 1.7 (like it is now), and boot into XP, every monitoring program I use will show 1.75...

Sonny

Senior TIFOSI
It differs from MoBo to MoBo. Some give .05V & some more. The MoBo manufacturer adds more voltage to increase stability.

OP
A

arden

Thanks for the info,was starting to wonder why when I man. set to 1.75 mbm allways reports 1.8.