• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what should the video card temp be?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LawyerLynn

I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 9800 Pro video card and I'm monitoring the temps w/ an Aerogate II device by sticking the temp probe into the card's heatsink/fan array. The video card runs hotter than my OC'd CPU (see specs below) is this normal? what is "proper" temp for my video? Is 50 C OK? I just need to know what to shoot for. Thanks.

I am wondering the same. I have a AIW 9600 Pro and have a temp probe between the HS and the side of the core. I hit 50C when running 3dmark 01 & 03. I though that the 9600 pro would run cooler since it is based on .13micron technology

This is what I got after todays testing:
temp9800pro_small.jpg

(vGPU=1.75v (stock=1.70v))

The first temp probe were placed on the backside of the GPU and the other one directly on to a memory module.

For comparison: My Abit GeForce4 Ti4600 reached 54.2 degrees during 3DMark03 looping. To bad my FX5900 died on me...

Last edited:
Back