• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What the heck? Can't install a printer!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Über~PhLuBB

Jedi Knight Senior
For some reason, I can't install my printer. If I try to install it from "Printers and Faxes" in the Control Center, it says "Operation could not be completed." If I try to install it manually using the New Hardware wizard, it says "Could not find RPC server."

What the HECK is going on?

It doesn't matter if it's a local or network printer (I tried both), it won't even let me OPEN a printer install wizard, it gives me an error before I can input any info about the printer.

Last edited:

stool

Some printers require that you use the Setup or Install option from the CD or driver package.

Hawk

USB printer? Probably like stool says not P&P most likely can find set up file at vendor website. Good luck.

OP
Über~PhLuBB

Über~PhLuBB

Jedi Knight Senior
Not this printer, stool. Before I moved, I had it hooked up (but I've formatted since then). I never used the installation CD at all.

Besides that, I don't know where the CD is, and even if I did, the printer itself is installed on a Linux machine, for use as a network printer. It installed on that machine just fine, but THIS machine, the one in my sig, can't install a printer at all.

Hawk, it's not a USB printer, it's an old Canon BJC-4300. This isn'y a hardware or driver issue, it's about something that has been disabled somewhere on this machine, and I need to figure out what it is and fix it.