• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what the heck?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dippy_skoodlez

can anyone explain this?

wtf.JPG

I have 11x200 in the bios.... o_O W T F?

"Measured with alternative timer" - what does that mean?

What does WCPUID tell you when you look at real-time clock checker?

Weird - I'm sure there's some explanation.

wcpuid says 2200mhz, but MbM and the THG thing doesnt o_O

thats proggy is from THG, when teh MSI oc'ing thing with the neo2 came up. it checks with a different timer I guess.. pretty sure its supposed to be accurate.. MbM5 agrees!

*bump*, and UPDATE: Restarted, went back to normal speed. turned PC back on this morning, and ITS DOING IT AGAIN! I did unix and linux's avagadros equation (version 1.. cant fine #2) and used to get like 27 seconds, now its up to 33 seconds! :eek: :(

So... it's running at the lower of the two speeds?

Try benching SiSoft Sanrda, and see what your results look like, as that "alternate" timer is a sub-stock 2500+ speed!

Try changing the multiplier (unless you are locked), and see if that works.

Man, thats messed up.

Hmm.. Ill run sisandra when I get it to happen again... .. my multi is locked =( I did that avagandros thing from unix and linux and it took 33 sec vs my current 28 =(

****NEED BUMP!!*** OMG!! now Like every otehr restart it defaults back to 2500+ speed!!! sometimes its at the 2.2ghz its supposed to, but now its PERFORMING like a 2500+!!!!!!! :eek:

This is too bizarre.

I used to have the same motherboard as you - and it was fine for me with two different Thoroughbreds, and a Palomino.

Which BIOS revision are you using? When did this start? Is FSB Spread spectrum enabled in the BIOS? (big time shot in the dark) :-/

Has anyone else seen something similar before?

(BUMP so someone who knows why it's happening can see this)

felinusz said:
This is too bizarre.

I used to have the same motherboard as you - and it was fine for me with two different Thoroughbreds, and a Palomino.

Which BIOS revision are you using? When did this start? Is FSB Spread spectrum enabled in the BIOS? (big time shot in the dark) :-/

Has anyone else seen something similar before?

(BUMP so someone who knows why it's happening can see this)

Checked bios-- fsb spread is off... I usually disable it anyways. im using the 1006 bios, and it started happening when I noticed MbM measuring odd speeds =( Gets me to start thinking AMD smart locked this bugger :eek:

Maybe the BIOS chip is faulty. I have had MBs were the bios chips partialy failed, It didn't reload the settings but weird setting appeared all over the place.

bulk88 said:
Maybe the BIOS chip is faulty. I have had MBs were the bios chips partialy failed, It didn't reload the settings but weird setting appeared all over the place.

Hmm.. I hope not!! =( I ahve to e-mail chaintech about heat on my video card, and now I may e-mail AsUs about the CPU problem... =(

Before you go through the ordeal that is usually associated with contacting ASUS (in my experience anyways), you might want to try reflashing the BIOS, and changing to revision 1005 - just to see what it does.

Also, what speed is your RAM running at?

Does GCPUID still give you that "alternative timer" window? And what happens when you set the BIOS to run at stock speed?

felinusz said:
Before you go through the ordeal that is usually associated with contacting ASUS (in my experience anyways), you might want to try reflashing the BIOS, and changing to revision 1005 - just to see what it does.

Also, what speed is your RAM running at?

Does GCPUID still give you that "alternative timer" window? And what happens when you set the BIOS to run at stock speed?

Flashing will be a pain in the royale @$$ w/out a floppy.. I have one, but im not sure if it works ATm.. I have my ram at the spd timings, 1:1 with FSB @ 200, which is within spec for ram. Wcpuid gives an alt timer window, but says 2.2ghz =/ What are the best bios versions for the a7n8x? I heard 1006 a long time ago, but im not sure which one currently. :(

Alritght... something REALLY wierd is up now.. its definatly NOT the bios just going back to the 166 default for the 2500+ anymore. right now its running at 2.oghz o_O AsUs getting an e-mail tonite!

Back