• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to ask to get a SL6Z5 2.8?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SimplyTron

Registered
Im going to call places to try to find a SL6Z5 2.8 P4. What should I tell them to look for?

Thanks

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
Tell them to look at the last 5 digits of the prod code on the sticker, that will give you the stepping info you'll need. Good luck, they are pretty hard to come by..

OP
S

SimplyTron

Registered
Ok, thanks. I am going to call around before I just order one off newegg.

OP
S

SimplyTron

Registered
Yea I know but I want a 2.8C but if I can get a SL6Z5 then all the better.

hUMANbEATbOX

Contributing Member
some places charge a bit extra to hand pick them.

why not get a 3.0c? they have been getting pretty gooc oc's. on average better than a m0.

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
Not sure that I agree here... If you can get an SL6Z5 2.8C then you're almost guaranteed 3.5GHz and with a 250fsb to both CPU and memory, it will be a little faster than a 3.0C at 3.6GHz - some 3.0C's do hit 3.75 and a little higher, but it's VERY hit and miss. I've owned three 3.0C's, one did 3.75GHz, the other two did 3.6GHz.

OP
S

SimplyTron

Registered
mattspalace said:
Not sure that I agree here... If you can get an SL6Z5 2.8C then you're almost guaranteed 3.5GHz and with a 250fsb to both CPU and memory, it will be a little faster than a 3.0C at 3.6GHz - some 3.0C's do hit 3.75 and a little higher, but it's VERY hit and miss. I've owned three 3.0C's, one did 3.75GHz, the other two did 3.6GHz.

Exactly what I was thinking, plus it costs less money.

batboy

Senior Moment
It's just as easy or hard (depending on your point of view) to hit 250 FSB with either the 2.8C M0 or 3.0C. The benefit of the 3.0C is that you'll have an extra 250 MHz of CPU clock speed over the 2.8C. My 3.0C does 3.6 gig on default vcore and 3.8 gig max. A 2.8C ain't goin' to do that.