• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do with a extra psu....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ltfalcon9700

Registered
Just wondering cause my case im getting comes with one and i already have a good one. Theres not enough room IN the case for it but i was thinking i could make somthing outside the case.

Any suggestions....

glock19owner

depends on the amps that the 12 and 5 is pushing...if the 12 is 25amps or more, you could mod something outside the case so you could have a seperate power supply to run a water cooling system...other then that...just sit it back as a back up PSU...you can never go wrong having a back up of anything...especially if something goes out after store hours and you can not get on the net to order what you need right away...

OP
L

Ltfalcon9700

Registered
Water cooling system... dont think so, not near experienced enough to do that. i guess it will just become a back up psu

Thanks anyway.

dalilman52

hey, i found this website and it teaches u how to make the psu so that u can test things w/o having to plug it into ur comp's psu..kinda un-safe...but yeah, its pretty cool, a good idea if u have a cheap psu u dont feel safe putting in one of ur rig's LINK