• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what to get :1) ramsinks for 9700 2) slk-600 3)ax-7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rippedsocks

ok guys my volcano 9 is a piece of crap and when i clock my 2400+ to 2.2 its @ 49c load... i can take the chip to 2.4 i think if i get either an ax-7 or slk-600 im tight on cash.... i could maybe take it to 2.3 with this volcano 9, and then get ramsinks for my radeon and clock that to 700+ memory and gain like 1k on 3dmark.... what should i do? i think the ram sinks is what im gonna do... just would like to hear your guys opinions

DuronClocker

Registered
Ramsinks sound like a good idea. Eventually, I would replace the current cooling with an SLK-600, or SLK-800 if possible. I love my AX-7, but those two are supposed to perform quite a bit better.

maxima88

The top 2 Heatsinks out right now based on the heatsink performance review here at overclockers are
#1 SLK-800
#2 SK-7
Both using the 80mm tornado

The AX-7 following very closely behind the top 2.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
if you were going to up the cpu cooler on a budget id say ax-7 is your choice its cheep and its almost as good as the other two.

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
While a Smart Fan isn't good on an SLK-800, you could take it off of your Volcano 9 and use it on the SLK-800 until you have money enough for a good Tornado and rheostat. If all you're looking for is 3dMark benchmarks, go for ram sinks.

Z

OP
rippedsocks

rippedsocks

thnx for the input im getting the radeon 9700 pro kit from 2kooltek there 28 bux and they come with: ramsinks, Tt Crystal orb, artic silver adhessive... its a steal!!! cant wait