• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would cause my fans to stop???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mac42

I have no idea why, but all the fans plugged into my A7V just stopped working. Luckily my TBird is water-cooled, but I'm sure my GeForce256 won't be happy for long without air-support. If I need to I guess I could just wire the fans directly into my power supply (not sure which wires to use yet) but I'd like to find a way to get those fan plugs working again.

Any suggestions?

-=mac=-

I'd assume you managed to overload the fan headers on the mobo and hence they've all blown from the stress... IMO it's best to run ALL case fans from the PSU, as this way you aint gonna damage your mobo. CPU fans (apart from those mental delta's) are the only things I'd run from mobo fan headers

It sounds like Storm is right. You might want to try http://www.fanbus.com
This will show you how to make a "fanbus" to accomodate all your fans through the PSU with a convenient hookup. Very easy and cheap.

Back