• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would u do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord Moreira

Banned till 9/16/03
We'll be working with 5 fans (7 totals)
PSU fan and cpu fan can be left out of this equasion.
2x92mm
3x80mm

2 80mm in the back of the case
1 80mm lower front of the case
1 92mm leftside panel
1 92mm top of the case

What would be ur blow in\out setup for the lowest temps??
WHAT WOULD U DO?
PLEASE DON'T JUST GUESS
:p

personaly Id first make sure that all your cables are ziptied down & out of the airflow paths as much as posible or buy round cables

then Id blow all of the fans in except 1 of the larger fans in the back blow it out

this will help keep the dust out due to case pressure

if your case is anything like mine it has lots & lots of places for the air to exhaust so in theory @ least my theory if you blow in

& theres holes for exhaust it will end up going out

kinda like a bottel of water with holes in it
force water in 1 end
& the water will automaticaly leave through the other holes
u dont need to suck it out, get the picture

Im no master on this hopefully some others will reply as well

but this is what I do on my case & it seems ok

also get some of this

Shin Etsu G-751 is a compound that not many people have heard of, but several OEM's have. This compound is (from what I've been told) what certain manufacturers have used in order to bypass paying for more expensive heat solutions for their CPU's in their OEM boxes. After being tipped off about this G-751 by a good friend in the industry, I was determined to obtain some - and did. Now the world can see whether this thermal compound really lived up to its somewhat 'underground' reputation. It is made by Shin Etsu Microsi located in Pheonix, Arizona, USA, and arrived in thin clear syringes. The gray material was as thick as wood putty or plumber's putty. It even looked like plumber's putty, as it is dull grey in color. Being that I kept it cold until application, it was that much harder to spread a thin, even coat across the die (it even spread like putty!). After managing to do so, we put it to the same battery of tests as the others.
As evidenced by the numbers, it performed on par with Nanotherm Ice and Ice (Blue) in the BIOS tests. It lost out to CoolerMaster's Premium in the initial BIOS and Idle tests, but managed to pull ahead by a full degree in the load tests on the first day. But the real kicker is when I learned that Shin Etsu is expected to take 3 days to cure at medium/high heat, and that's when it is supposed to shine.
And so arrived the 3rd day.
Initial BIOS temps and idle tests were a full degree lower (if not more) than any of the competitors, and 1.5 degrees lower than the current leader, CoolerMaster Premium. This leads me to believe that the Shin Etsu contained in the CoolerMaster product is really its secret weapon, and the more creamy nature of the CoolerMaster product enabled it to score better in the initial BIOS tests on the first day. Regardless, Shin Etsu G-751 commanded a full 3 degrees lower temperature than the "white goop" on the first day at load. On the third day, this lead had increased to 7 full degrees Celsius at load. Impressive.

More on Shin Etsu products can be found here:
www.microsi.com
Shin Etsu G-751 can be purchased here:
www.chillblast.com

Thanks
Have u tried the complete oposite?
Or any other combinations that led to lower temps after running temps?

Back