• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would you like to see?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
Was thinking looking though the FAQ on the team site today and just the team site in general and i was wondering what do you guys/gals think is missing?

what guides would you like to see? more questions and answers on addon software? more gromacs info? any info?

-------------

What about the team site in general, been trying to think of things to add to the currently running projects page, added the "core" section... anything else you think would help out that page! I know ploaf and ebola are trying to get up a field for users to submit times and then people could see what frame times they expect for a certain proc/protein. They are also working on some other stats stuff and just trying to get everything a little more interactive

What else/ideas/suggestions?

FOLD ON
NAS

Last edited:

walaka7

You guys have a heck of a good thing started on our team page.. Its really coming along nicely :D
One thing though, that would be cool, is to have a top 10 times for each running protein listed and what rig was used to get it. Another would be , and i dont know if this is really feasable, to list the servers that stanford uses and list the proteins that you could expect from each server (like 117 being the new project server that was running the gromac project, or the 120 server that is distributing the 610 project) Dunno, just seems it would be nice to have that info.. anyway just me 2 cents :)

OP
NASsoccer

NASsoccer

walaka7 said:
You guys have a heck of a good thing started on our team page.. Its really coming along nicely :D
One thing though, that would be cool, is to have a top 10 times for each running protein listed and what rig was used to get it.

that would be really sweet, certainly be a nice feature!

Originally posted by walaka7
Another would be , and i dont know if this is really feasable, to list the servers that stanford uses and list the proteins that you could expect from each server (like 117 being the new project server that was running the gromac project, or the 120 server that is distributing the 610 project) Dunno, just seems it would be nice to have that info.. anyway just me 2 cents :)

On the currently running projects page the server ips are listed by each project! or were you thinking a better page layout with the servers listed in order and then the coreesponding projects beside, a page apart from the current projects one?

FOLD ON
NAS

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
I agree with Wlaka, times are important. Being that w are a bunch of OC'ers, I'd like to know what the frame times are and what they are using to get them so I could compare my clocked rig. [H] has something like that I believe.

This would also inspire the troops who don't have access or funds to throw up numerous rig's to be number one in frame times.

Wedo

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
FAQ

More about folding in Linux.

Like there have been some perl scripts written to toggle between gromacs and tinker if there's a problem connecting, and also to idle the client mid-frame when another app needs a lot of cycles (since the linux client does not idle properly).

How about getting folding to go at start-up in Linux?

Or how to configure folding to start and stop on a schedule in Linux?

OP
NASsoccer

NASsoccer

Re: FAQ

walaka7 said:

ok :D hopefully ploaf will see this or next time i talk to him i will direct him here and see what he thinks he can get up! sounds like this page could be extremely helpful!

Arkaine23 said:
More about folding in Linux.

Like there have been some perl scripts written to toggle between gromacs and tinker if there's a problem connecting, and also to idle the client mid-frame when another app needs a lot of cycles (since the linux client does not idle properly).

How about getting folding to go at start-up in Linux?

Or how to configure folding to start and stop on a schedule in Linux?

awesome! if someone has any guides or what not or wishes to write any, let me know and i will make sure that they are included in the FAQ and the team site. Along with the scripts and others, i am about to make my first dive into linux so i know little (read: none :D) about it, a big thank you to RAV for getting the setup guide for the site!

FOLD ON
NAS

NedClocker

I would like to see a nice room in Vegas with everything comped. :D (to relieve folding stress, of course.)

OP
NASsoccer

NASsoccer

NedClocker said:
I would like to see a nice room in Vegas with everything comped. :D (to relieve folding stress, of course.)

hmm i think Ploaf with have to pay for that one:)

/me looks in wallet and confirms this:D

FOLD ON
NAS

NedClocker

NASsoccer said:

hmm i think Ploaf with have to pay for that one:)

/me looks in wallet and confirms this:D

FOLD ON
NAS

Yep, that's about the size of it. Nice daydream, though! It's been a long time since I've been there. (Never have had the comped thing; I just threw that in.)

OP
NASsoccer

NASsoccer

NedClocker said:

Yep, that's about the size of it. Nice daydream, though! It's been a long time since I've been there. (Never have had the comped thing; I just threw that in.)

hehe:)

I am sure would be more than happy to pay;)

Take a folding flier with you and make it a 'folding awareness' trip, or take GTSimmo and go borg some new machines!

OH yeah, GTS is/has been working on a Em3 guide for the site and FAQ, it should be up soon!

FOLD ON
NAS

Seal

Yeah i think folding times would be nice to compaire yourself against, eg folding time for P204 on a standard xp 2200 133bus or something like that.

Also how about a ranking table for teams like they have for the seti teams, then week by week we can see how were doing compaired to other teams above us.

OP
NASsoccer

NASsoccer

Ebola said:
Hows the folding counter coming NAS?

it looks awesome, Burning phoennix got the script done and i posted it here with your new graphic:D

FOLD ON
NAS

OP
NASsoccer

NASsoccer

Ebola said:
man i must be blind.

hehe:D

well i am trying to gather as much protein data as i can to try to get a 'frame time' section up on the team site, or a addon to the current project page to add them.

FOLD ON
NAS

edit... still working on a separate protein page!