• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what you think a gigabyte z97 soc new/rma is worth used?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks, probably selling as id rather just go z170 at this point. gigabyte kinda dropped the ball it the rma took entirely to long.

Unless you are planning on going LN2, the SOC is fine...(as are 90% of Intel boards when overclocking using ambient cooling methods).

well since my water cooled 1155 rig died and its an matx case i figured id sell this board and the 3770 (pretty sure it already is for 190$) and buy a ASRock Z170M OC Formula and either an 6700/k, if it lets me overclock the non k ill get the cheaper chip and break about even minus the new ram.

You are overpaying for boards. The Z170M OCF is a $200 board. No reason for it. You can easily use, for one example, the GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 for $150. Again, unless you are going LN2, you don't need these fancy overclocking boards they really don't offer the average overclocker much. Just make sure it has the features you need, the theme, and go from there.

ASRock Z170M OC Formula is yellow lol and thats the theme, black and yellow, but you are right, maybe ill look around yet, i really want a GRYPHON Z97 armor edition lol.

Back