• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats a good design for a waterblock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kttdkt

I just got my Copper in and I had planned to do a spiral design but before I do I want to know what the best design is so I can get the best cooling out of it.

Silver

Senior Citizen (aka old fart)
kttdkt said:
I just got my Copper in and I had planned to do a spiral design but before I do I want to know what the best design is so I can get the best cooling out of it.

Bad question. You are likely to get great to terrible advice. If you have a personal idea then I recommend you follow your idea on this one. If you have an idea that you want to through out for all to chew on then do it. After you get some input then again, follow your own idea.

OP
kttdkt

kttdkt

thnx your right, I should make a few different ones and test them out. Just 1 Question, If I have a fan blowing onto the waterblock do you think it will help cool.

Silver

Senior Citizen (aka old fart)
kttdkt said:
thnx your right, I should make a few different ones and test them out. Just 1 Question, If I have a fan blowing onto the waterblock do you think it will help cool.

Have thought about it however in my case I get sub ambient temps through the use of the bong and on a dry (thank god) surface the air I am afraid would add heat to the block. Air moving through the case of course is still necessary in order to cool components as well as vid and psu.