• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what's a good hsf?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wes

hi all. i was wondering what the best hsf would be for a 750 tbird. right now i have the tai-sol cek733092 that came with my cpu/mobo and my cpu temps range from 49 to 53c. this seems kind of high considering some of the temps people get at much higher speeds. also, i haven't overclocked my cpu yet so 750 means 750. i'm also running an a7v. any ideas would be appreciated. thanks

DamnFast

Wow, you're CPU is running very hot.
Get a Swiftech MC370-0A or MC462 from Swiftnets.com.
You have to wait for couple of weeks for the MC462. And if you don't want to wait that long, get the MC370-0A from www.pcboost.com. They have the MC370-0A for 49.99. This HSF is rated number one at Tomshardware.com. Beware that the delta fan is very loud. (Standard fan on the MC370-0A) If you don't want the noise, go with other fans such as Sunon or YS-Tech.

Good luck

g.nEUz

Registered
if you don't mind the noise, get the fop38 from globalwin. has got a deltafan, too. darn, i love this baby! coolz you way down!!!!!

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
What is your board/case/room temp? Your temps
seem a little high, but I'm not familiar with your HSF.
With the right HSF, you should be able to get a
10-20 C differential.

OP
W

wes

My board temp is 35/37 and room temp is around 25. i don't know what my case temp is but i think its about the same as the mobo temp.

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
So, your differential is running about 14-16C. That's good. You should try to lower your board/case temperature, in my opinion. I keep my house at 20C year 'round and my board/case temps are also 20C. IE the airflow is capable of removing all heat generated by the components in the case. I use an
enlight 7237 with a no-name intake fan on the front cut-out and no-name exhause fan on the rear cut-out. The noise is not bad, but that's relative to the perceiver.