• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's a good joystick?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

I've never owned one, so I'd like to try it. Course, I know nothing about them, so what would be a good one to get, or what characteristics should I look for on a joystick?

OP
T

Tipycol

K thanks...I'll look into that one (though the only thing I can compare it to right now is the Sidewinder 2 at the local store)

AmigoThree

That logitech would probalby be what I would buy. Maybe for 50 dollars more get the force feedback version if you are really into it.

OP
T

Tipycol

Hehe...well I don't think I'm that into it. Was looking for something that would "break me in" to the joystick world, nothing that serious ;)

Mpegger

Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold USB gets rave reviews all the time. The only downside ever mentioned is that the base is lightweight, so the twist tends to want to turn it. But its adjustable for small and large hands, and lefty/righty. All the buttons are highly configurable as well, from keyboard commands, to macros. Well worth every penny I paid for it in my opinion.

baqai

I have Saitek X36F but its a HOTAS for flight simulators and i doubt you will want that :)

I would recomend you check out some of the joysticks from Microsoft they are pretty cool

john240sx

@baqai
you really love your flight controller don't you? :p

i have the same one that baqai has. it was a little pricey but man, it's totally worth it! as with most things, you get what you pay for. the quality of this controller is unmatched and the precision is awsome. (cheaper units have sloppy yokes and are not very smooth after a while)

THIS is basically the same one me and baqai have. the only difference i can see is this one is a different color, mine is all gray. i paid $100 for mine but the new model sells for about $80.

the logitech WingMan series are pretty nice if you don't want one like the Saitek.