• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats a good program to listean to mp3 in?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Winamp is pretty popular because of its simplicity. Musicmatch jukebox is also popular for its abilities to manage large amounts of mp3's. Try download.com under mp3 and you should get a good list of the popular ones by how many times they have been downloaded.

Winamp2.9 + Major Tom Remix Skin :D

Btw , Musicmatch is good as all in one too but i prefer the simplicity of winamp

verbatim said:
whats wrong with ol media player 9?
I used to use winamp religiously back in the day and still have it-but whats the point anymore?

"winamp" mediaplayer 9 uses to much resources IMo.

DDR-PIII said:

"winamp" mediaplayer 9 uses to much resources IMo.

that's the reason not to use wmp9, winamp uses nearly 0% of cpu, and if you're a seti user (like) or a folding user every available clocks are good

winamp, lama tested, mother approved :D

I think u lot think you are just cool to say "I use winamp!" Like I said whats the point? Unless u have a crap system that cant handle it (sub 1gig) use wmp9. Dont be a try hard.
Nuff said.

winamp 2.9. uses next to zero resources, has a fully function media-library to sort your collection,visualisations ect.ect.

Sorry verbatim, but what advantage does using the bloated wmp9 over winamp 2.9 bring?

verbatim said:
I think u lot think you are just cool to say "I use winamp!" Like I said whats the point? Unless u have a crap system that cant handle it (sub 1gig) use wmp9. Dont be a try hard.
Nuff said.

Unlike most people, I find that Bill's **** chafes my *** :rolleyes:

I use Winamp 3.0c. It still has a few bugs, but it sounds pretty good. Nullsoft has come a long way in it's development.

QCD is also a very good player. Feature rich and nice-sounding :)

Oni said:
QCD is also a very good player. Feature rich and nice-sounding :)

Yeah, I agree. Maxvla got me to make the switch from Winamp and I haven't regretted it.

verbatim said:
Nuff said.

i used it but switched to winamp hoping to save sys resources.. didnt do much but the skins are better so i stuck with it for music... and like Oni said all that extra crap is a pain (the licensing stuff- pops up all the time and stops your music)

how about Sonique? I always liked the first version, too bad its taking them forever to come out with ver.2 . Give it a try its not bad, and very similar to winamp, but better graphics and visualisations IMHO

http://sonique.lycos.com/

Back