• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats a good water cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

Im thinkin about goin water, but I lack any knowledge whatsoever about where and what and how to do it. I can mod cases, think on my own, and follow instructions. Ive never done water before though. I need help in finding a cheap water cooler. That meens under 150$.I could got with a peltier but i need tho get away from lotsa fans and much noise. I dont need super preformance either. Just a plain cheap water cooler. Please help my with my unsolvable delima.:rolleyes:

OP
Yuriman

Yuriman

Also, i have an athlon xp 1600+ and a geforce 4 mx440 i want to cool, if its any help. I also have a 350watt codegen psu.

Rakk

As Spyder says, try the watercooling section here. Also check out procooling.com's articles and forums. Just read up as much as you can and spec your own system.

Don't bother with a peltier just get a basic setup with quality components such as a good copper block (the bit that clips onto your CPU), pump, copper core radiator, 120mm fan with shroud, good sturdy tubing & clips, water wetter, distilled/de-ionised water and maybe a reservoir.

If you can't be bothered to spec your own setup you can buy off the shelf kits but they're never going to be quite as good as a custom solution.

Rakk

For off the shelf kits I think the Innovatek are damn good although they're not the cheapest and they use a proprietary (but excellent) tubing & connection system.