• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's a good way of convincing my friend to OC his P4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

My friend has a 2.2GHz P4 on an Asus P4?533-? (unfortunately, I don't know the exact specs :() He tells me that the computer is so slow for him, so I told him to overclock. He tells me (this is in September) that he wants to burn in the cpu for a few months. I say ok, and I forget about it till now. Of course, now he tells me he's afraid he's gonna fry something even though I know this board has the pci/agp bus locks. I dunno what else to tell him, I don't even think he is utilizing his PC2100 ram (due to him running his fsb at 100). Anyone know a good way to get him to overclock?

Thanks

Tipycol

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
Well, besides giving him a link to this place, I can't really think of anything- nor can I really blame him: there ARE risks after all.

Personally, you would have a hard time convincing me to NOT overclock a pc:D
Non-overclocked computers just kind of irritate me nowadays, lol.

Point him here, and mention that mild overclocking is extremely unlikely to damage anything, yet still enough to give a noticeable performance boost.

OP
T

Tipycol

Hmm...guess I'll just give him the link here then ;)

Thanks

Tipycol

Tecumseh

Don't do anything other than giving him the link. If he gets the
OC bug then help him out. IF you just "force" it on him and
something goes wrong......:eek:

OP
T

Tipycol

Tecumseh said:
Don't do anything other than giving him the link. If he gets the
OC bug then help him out. IF you just "force" it on him and