• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats been Overclocking better, 2.4C or 2.66C?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
While I won't say 4 gig is impossible, I will say it's highly unlikely. With a 2.4C to reach 4 gig, you'll need 333 FSB, that's probably not going to happen. I think most Canterwoods will be running out of steam at about 300 FSB (yes, there might be some exceptions, but I'm talking about on average here). Considering the fact that Intel is probably "binning" the CPUs right now until production ramps up and core improvements are made, your best hope for super high clock speeds will be with the 3.0C. But, you might have better memory benchmarks using a slightly lower CPU clock speed if you have higher FSB and higher memory bus speeds. I think that any system that is able to hit 3.6 to 3.8 gig will be quite exceptional... certainly better than average. Realistically, I'm expecting about 3.3 to 3.5 gig (on average) for most of these early 800 bus CPUs. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

that's about what I'm aiming for as well batboy..

I ordered the 2.4C from googlegear when it was at $219, $237 after taxes, and it went up to $229 about an hour after I placed my order :D

the chip should arrive by either monday or tuesday..

12si said:
2.4c...dual corsair dd400...watercooling....every man's dreams... :D
that's what i'm thinking and will be doing. but i'll be using a 2.6C instead and shot for around 3.6Ghz watercooled. (anythng higher, i'll be in heaven) that would give me the highest FSB while having the best possiblity to stay with the 5:4 memory ratio in order to have the highest memory bandwidth too. we'll see......:D (can't wait for the chip in mass production.....)

Woot! Thanx guys, I've been looking for a 2.4 800Mhz.

I just ordered two from GoogleGear!

One for my Canterwood and one for my BH-7!

Go me!

Back