• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats enough for my build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya man from what I'm reading from the people that have the problem you are having you need to follow those steps. Get windows installed on a cheap drive, install the m.2 drivers and new firmware and get it recognized in windows disc management then either migrate or install onto the m.2 from the custom install screen then you will see the Windows boot manger in bios. Until you at least try that method I'm not sure what else to do and it seems like nobody else does either but I have read SEVERAL cases where that's the troubleshooting method they used and got it to be recognized. First by Windows the bios via the Windows boot manager. Wish I could find more for you but this is what i read over and over again and I know someone personally who did the same thing. I got lucky I guess, my Asus Deluxe had zero problems. Booted from usb it was there installed perfect.

I'm going to wait till i recieve the new one, then i will give it a try. if it didn't work then i will go your way. thanks for your support !

1-How come some users have 12-14 stars and I got only 2. when the Register status going to change, hate that name :D
2-How can change the thread title?

Quick Update:

1-They gave me an Label to ship the M.2 back to Sandisk so they will give me a replacement one, I probably going to pay for 1-2 days shipping and get it to them as soon as possible. They told me once they receive it they will have to wait 5-6 business days to test the SSD to make sure it is damaged so then they will send me new one..
So im assuming its going to be another 10-14 days wait overall :screwy:

2-Tomorrow i will drain the system ( for first time ) so then I can change two of the tubes i bend. Have 4 more tubes left so. and I will post the pictures or before and after

Quality posts I think. I've gained two this month I think. Just replies (not negative ones that get you kicked from a thread) First responses, etc. I think anyway.

You should be able to edit the first post, go Advanced, and edit the thread title there. I never paid attention to the stars. They come in various pretty colors and I keep getting more. That's all I know. I suppose there is info somewhere, I just never looked. :)

edit: I just noticed my stars went from yellow to gold at some point. Never noticed before. LOL

OK, first thanks to Lochekey! My stars are apparently orange, not gold, and I should adjust my display accordingly.

Last edited:
You can find an explanation of the star system here as well as an explanation of the different of the different colors. IT is also a good resource for general forum rules. I would suggest giving it a read if you have not yet.

This is the new situation

SanDisk sent me a return label so then they will send me a replacement one. but here is the catch,
I will have to ship in on Monday 1/30 - they will probably get it in 6 - 7 days, so 2/6 they will have hands on it. Then they will take 7-10 days to confirm that they will send me a replacement one and if they do it will take another 7 days to arrive at my house. so basically im going to have it by 2/20 2/24. basically a good 3 weeks or more is going to be wasted.

Should I go ahead and buy a Samsung SSD M.2 Evo 850 1TB and once i get the sandisk i sell it on ebay?
What would you all recommend?

I am not going to spend $600 on the newest Evo which is 960 pro. thats is just F'ed up.

Did you talk to them about cross shipping?

Ye, but they are not going to do that. They will have to receive it, test it, confirm it and then ship it. overall 20-24 days everything together, this is dumb to be honest

Why get a M.2 SSD in SATA when you can get a regular SSD for most likely less for the same performance? Only reason you should go M.2 is if you're using PCIe 3.0 x4.

Ya, it's going to be limited to roughly the same speeds because it uses the Sata controller. Going thru that much trouble for something that won't make much of a difference if any doesn't sound worth it. But if you bought long enough ago that you can't return it, only rma for another then I guess that's what you've gotta live with but I would be using that for a storage/game drive and getting PCIe for OS.

Yall right. ifs its going to be a SATA III, i should get a SSD instead of a m.2.
but what about this one? seam like good name good price.

"Intel 1 TB Internal SSD - M.2 2280 - PCI Express 3.0 x4"
Anyone has any experience with intel ssd?

Yall right. ifs its going to be a SATA III, i should get a SSD instead of a m.2.
but what about this one? seam like good name good price.

"Intel 1 TB Internal SSD - M.2 2280 - PCI Express 3.0 x4"
Anyone has any experience with intel ssd?

Update:
Ok let me put it this way, I am not going to wait 3 weeks for this dumb !@#$ so I decided to purchase a better brand. between this two which one you choice?

1- https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...0_-_PCI_Express_3.0_x4-_-20-167-413-_-Product
2- https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...re=evo_850_1tb_ssd-_-234-000F-00041-_-Product

Update:
Ok let me put it this way, I am not going to wait 3 weeks for this dumb !@#$ so I decided to purchase a better brand. between this two which one you choice?

1- https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...0_-_PCI_Express_3.0_x4-_-20-167-413-_-Product
2- https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...re=evo_850_1tb_ssd-_-234-000F-00041-_-Product

1. Faster read times and SATA like writes but may run much hotter than your typical SATA drive as most M.2s do. Have a look around for any reviews with benchmarks.
2. Its SATA, will run cooler and gives you RAID options.

1. Faster read times and SATA like writes but may run much hotter than your typical SATA drive as most M.2s do. Have a look around for any reviews with benchmarks.
2. Its SATA, will run cooler and gives you RAID options.

you are right, it has a higher read compare to evo but also 4K read and write is higher for Evo. I am not going to lie, I'm sold towards the Evo so far. :shock:

Since you already purchased the other why not pick up a standard 256gb ssd to get your system going. When you receive the other one back slit it on and then either set that up as your new main drive or just use it for storage.

Are you really doing anything that will benefit from the faster speeds that a pcie based drive offers?

Since you already purchased the other why not pick up a standard 256gb ssd to get your system going. When you receive the other one back slit it on and then either set that up as your new main drive or just use it for storage.

Are you really doing anything that will benefit from the faster speeds that a pcie based drive offers?

matter as fact, that is an excellent idea!
Get a low capacity SSD for win and then use the new sandisk m.2 for storage lol !
very good Idea. this is what i like about this forum. This past couple days i have being messed up with a lot of things that my brain is just frozen lol

I am not really going to do anything with PCIE based drive really, mainly recording music, mixing mastering, 4k gaming. thats about it.
So most likely im going to buy a SATA III EVO 850 SSD for windows

It's done

Just placed my order for: 256GB Evo 850 SSD and a SATA III cable. Purchased both on amazon for Same Day Delivery lol its going to be delivered by 8pm today, so I am guessing im going to call my friends and call out for tonight. lol

Tonight:

1- I will drain the system today
2- Re-do both of the tubes
3- Refill and Install the SSD
4- Install Win and Drivers

It's done

Just placed my order for: 256GB Evo 850 SSD and a SATA III cable. Purchased both on amazon for Same Day Delivery lol its going to be delivered by 8pm today, so I am guessing im going to call my friends and call out for tonight. lol

Tonight:

1- I will drain the system today
2- Re-do both of the tubes
3- Refill and Install the SSD
4- Install Win and Drivers

And don't forget to completely change your loop order to decrease temps by 40c, hey?

:rofl:

Sorry, could not resist...

Back