• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats needed in ocing an Xt-Pe to 600mhz core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OBLIVIONLORD

As you can see in my sig I have fans galore and its a bit loud so im not concerned about quiet solutions. I want to be able to oc the core to 600mhz at the least with no artifacts. So i guess my question is what heatsinks and fans do i need to install on this card so it can achieve my goal? Thanks

Nuclear_Fuzion

You will probaly need a vmod to get that high on the core. I have yet to see anyone hit 600 on the core without one. The MEM you could get to 600 easily, but the core is a different story.

hemidude

Yes you will need a volt mod and better cooling. I have been up to 713 core and still have not seen any artifacts. I guess these cores lock up long before artifacts appear. :attn:

OP
OBLIVIONLORD

OBLIVIONLORD

got any links to a volt mod and about heatsink cooling sudjestions?

The Excalibur card with the Rev 4 attached to it got 573mhz oc. Maybe a diffrent heatsink/fan combo would do better?

OP
OBLIVIONLORD

OBLIVIONLORD

uhh yea so instead of going into the expence of water coling what air solutions are there for colling a video card to the max?