• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what's neweggs deal? has anyone saw?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KnownKiller

Naw this is what it says for the cpu..

New Item: AMD 2800+/XP Must be purchased with compatible motherboard and fan
Not to be sold separately!AMD Athlon XP 2800 333MHz FSB Processor CPU - OEM $410.00

Not too bad if ya wanted to upgrade your M/B and cooling.. But yeah.. most will just wait i believe till there everywhere and then ya can get it cheaper and on its own..

I think the reason for them to do this is cause the word is that only OEM system makers were the only ones to get these chips at first... Maybe they had to sign some agreement with AMD or something that said they were to only sell them with a system..

Anyways... i'd say if ya want one grab it cause i dont think they will be easly found anywhere till after X-Mas.. just a hunch..

Oh yeah.. heres where the chip is offered AMD 2800+ Scroll down about half way and you'll see it.

nealric

If they need to bundle it with a mobo to qualify, why dont they allow you to buy any mobo that supports is. If you could do that, you could find some pos mobo for $50 and the cheapes fan they have and save a bundle.

OP
walldow

walldow

i just think it's pretty sad that i already have a mobo that supports the chip (abit at7 max2) and they won't sell me one! i wonder if i called newegg and tried to order it ?just dosn't sound like a vary good buisness move if you ask me. i'm not going to buy another mobo just to get the chip. they don't even show a picture of the chip?guess i will go with the [email protected] till the barton comes out . i hear the 2400-2700 are reaching about the same o-clocks. 2600 sounds like a good middle ground to start with.