• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's so good about Asus and Abit that Epox doesn't have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

NOBODY talks about the Epox 4PCA3+(i875) and the 4PDA2+(i865PE) boards. Why is this?

I have read a lot about these motherboards and have many great features at a good price, not to mention Vcore up to 1.85 and Vdimm up to 3.30.

I also heard that the AGP voltage actually affects the northbridge instead.

I placed an order for one today :)

Maybe the same reason you don't hear much about any Aopens. I bought one that had all the same features as my current board, Price was quite a bit less. It all looked good on paper and it seemed like a good idea at the time.
imstupid.gif

I've heard many many bad things about Aopen, but I've had much success with Epox boards, from the 8kha+ to 8k3a+ and the 8rda+. All excellent mobos!

the epox mb's are indeed excellent overclockers with abundant features like hi vmem (3.3) hi vagp (2.0) etc. only prob was when i was looking for 1 i couldnt find it ,so i bought an ic7

They are hard to find. Most vendors carry AMD Epox mobos, but Intel ones are hard to find unfortunately. :(

Papa_Legba said:
Well, I just got an Epox 4PCA3+ from NewEgg, they have the 4PDA2+ as well, both version 2 or higher.

How do you like it? Mine should arrive any day.

i have an Epox 8rda3+ and i love it, it's been rock solid for 6 months now.
also a ton of features. i would reccomend it to anyone wanting to OC.

AudiMan said:

How do you like it? Mine should arrive any day.

Really like it so far, it's got all the BIOS options you'd ever want, every feature you'd ever need. Setup good, first mobo ever that started on the first push of the button (I seem to have had previous bad luck with grounding issues :rolleyes: )

It's quick, this 4PCA3+ of mine is paired up with an SL6Z3 2.4C and a 1GB of Kingston HyperX PC3000. I'll know more in the up and coming weeks as I like to get my computer setup before I start tweaking...and I'm gonna take it slow as this is my first Intel (since my 133 Pentium) and I'm just happy I got something that can OC...

Seem to have a slight undervolting problem but right now looks like it's the power supply and not the motherboard. All in all, I rate this EPoX (also my first) quite highly. Only time will tell, but I think I'm gonna enjoy this.

Well all of my intel mobos in my sig undervolt.

On my way are:
1: Epox 4PCA3+
2: Prommy Mach 1
3: Swiftech NB Cooler
4: OCZ Platinum Limited Edition PC-3500

I'm going to pair all of this up with my SL6Z5 and shoot for 4 GHz (285 FSB)

Tell us how you do man. My friend wants to go AMD and get an Epox. They seem pretty damn good. Wonder why they don't get credit...

Well, hopefully all of my gear arrives by the end of next week. I know the shipping companies are backed up this time of year.

I'll make a new post about it though, that's forsure. I've been pleased with the previous 3 epox mobos that I owned. Hopefully this one will treat me good as well.

AudiMan said:

Got any results yet?

No, I'm on vacation and out of town for the holidays...I got it up and running and that's about it, like I said before. Don't worry, I fully expect to have a few screenshots up sometime next weekend probably!

Back