• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best A+ book i can get with all test questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Networker

Disabled
Well i have just completed the hardware portion of A+ and am ready to take on that part of the a+ certification, i was wondering what book i can get that will give me just practise exams and questions etc to give me a good review before i undertake the exam, i have one book with a practise cd and stuff with it but i already have done that one so need another source, basically looking for the one ALL I NEED source thanks.

Comp Tia big red book

I have one put out by Comp tia that is huge and includes the progressive test questions and a graphing tracker that lets you know what area's you are weak in. I believe it also had some "lab" problems that you could work on that simulate network problems (I think.. its been awhile since I picked it up)

2 CD's plus 5-600 pages

I got it at a waldon book's and I think it ran me about 50$.. Very informative and helpful....... I found it well worth the $$$

Not much of a plot tho...but a lot more fun than war and peace

BTW.. welcome to the forums.. Have fun

welcome to the forums Networker!

The best A+ book I could find is called " A+ Certification Exam Guide 3rd Edition" by Michael Meyers, published by McGraw-Hill. Contains everything you need to know, and then some.

If you just want to review, try looking at CompTIA's website; they have a line-by-line listing of everything that's on the test. I personally wasn't impressed by any of the books, sites, etc. with practice questions- Once I took the real thing I realized that the practice tests I took were not at all like the real thing; they were waaay too easy.

I completely agree with Monster Of Rock. The All In One A+ book by Michael Meyers is probably my favorite(Im using the Fourth Edition). Heh I need to start reading :)

the A+ exam cram by james c jones is super for the hardware. It has it condenced and organized in a way thats easy for the memory. Not the best for os. It was my only source for os info and I barley passed- hardware was a breeze though.

Back