• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats The Best Case Around

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimbolo5

Hi
I recently built my first pc and got such satisfaction at saving money i want to now start overclocking. However after reading around on this forum i have come to realize that the case i purchased is crap.

I was hoping for some advice. Please could you post your opinions on what you consider to be the best case for overclocking (with room to eventually house a water cooling device).

Basically:

Whats the best value for money case ?

Whats the best case when money is no object ?

Jimbolo21
:burn:

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
cases

Well, some cases come equipped with refridgeration units, but they're quite expensive. A good case is one that's large and easy to mod, with a lot of fan mounts already built-in. Most people like the value of antec/cheiftec cases. They go for $60 to 80 (US) online, and often offer great value if you buy one that includes a nice power supply unit. Lian Li aluminum cases are very nice-looking but quite expensive compared to their steel counterparts.

Top Hat Theater

After I purchased one Lian Li case, the PC61, I've only used Lian Li cases since. I love them even though they like to break my wallet. I try to use them for clients whenever possible. The PC71 has plenty of room for watercooling purposes.

~THT

Fred Koser

I've used the Antec/Chieftech 8xx and 10xx "Dragon" cases and they are totally awesome - especially for the price. I think the 8xx are too small to work in, but I would highly recommend the 10xx cases.
That said I recently moved my rig into a Lian-Li PC-70 (with the PC-75 side panel) and I really love it. Because of the aluminum it doesn't have the "Heavy/Sturdy/Stand-on-Me" feel of the Antecs, but it sure it pretty. I'll probably stick with Lian-Li in the future, but I still love the Antecs.
Basicly - you can't go wrong. Either case is awesome.

You also might want to look at some of the other "legendary" cases (i.e. Lite-On FS020, Addtronics 7896-120-90, etc.) at:

http://www.coolcases.com/

And see:

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/

for some great Modding ideas.