• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best KT333 board out currently

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IKLIPTIC

Registered
I'm looking at building an
Processor: amd 200+(or 2100+ or whatever is available in 1-2 months)
Case: Antec sx1040b 400watt black case atx
Graphics Card: VISIONTEK XTASY Geforce4 TI4600 128MB
Mother Board: Epox 8K3A+ ???
Memory: Corsair XMS2700 cas 2.0
CDROM: Acer cdrw 40x12x48
Hard Drive: Western digital #WD1200BB (120.0GB 7200RPM, 8.9ms, 8MB)
Sound Card: CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER LIVE 5.1
Floppy: 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE BLACK
cpu shim
Power Supply: Enermax EG651P-VE 651watt (550watt Max) ATX2.03
Network Card: Intel EtherExpress Pro 100+ PCI
Mouse: Microsoft's IntelliEye Mice

What is the best KT333 board known so far and are there any resellers selling pc 2700 in 1 gig sticks, and does it make a difference in overclocking wether it is 1 or 2 sticks of 1 gig or 256mb? I'm alos unsure of what heat sink to usefor the processor, many questions.

I'm not concerned about price but I want what I'm paying for and thats speed and reliability and the ability to overclock it.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
kt333

I saw a review and I think the Soltek and Gigabyte beat out the Abit and Msi... all were within 1% on benchmarks.

elysium

If you're not buying a computer within the next month or so from now, you should wait for the kt333a chipset, the throughbread from amd and crucial pc 2700 (if it shows up soon). If you are spending as much money as it seems that you are on a pc, you should wait until these comes out.

Ely

Elder

I think its to soon to say with any certainty which is the "best" kt333 MoBo..I myself am ready to upgrade my kt133a rig with a whole new 2nd rig! have all the parts in route accept a MoBo, CPU /heatsink/fan, and Ram. From what ive been able to gather looking at the :

Epox8k3a+

Soltek SL-75drv5

BIOSTAR M7VIF

Gigabyte GA-7VRX

Gigabyte GA-7VRXP

MSI KT3 ULTRA

MSI KT3 ULTRA-ARU

EPOX 8K3A KT333CE

EPOX 8K3A+ KT333CE

Asus A7V333

after reading "reviews" and some user experiences in various fourms i think right now id go with the Asus A7V333

review the board seems to perform realy well and has some killer fetures.......:) but to get the peformance increase the chipset offers over the kt266a chip you have to be running pc2700 CAS2 ram...not case 2.5 which according to what ive been reading only Corsair is currently making....all the other "pc2700" ram out ther is just over clocked pc2400 and its a crap shoot if it will run at 166mhz with the fastest memeroy settings....blah....its never a good time to upgrade...always somthing "better" around the corner.....but im tired of this iwillkk266/1.2 gig..not to mention my ti4600 is just too horney to mate with a new chipset/ ddr ram..but a need more information! and more of these boards need to be released to the public for fruther "beta" testing... i want more user experiences!

OP
I

IKLIPTIC

Registered
I'm with you. I'm dying to build my new rig. It will be replacing an hp 850 p3 with onboard everything on the p[lanet.

I'm just annoyed that so many mobnos have on board video, or sound. And that so few reviews are out on the new mobos and so few makers of ram are selling pc 2700. and the ones who sell it aren't selling 1 gig sticks of pc 2700 cas 2 which is what I want so I'm still considering buying a kt333 mobo nad 2 gig of pc 2100 cas 2, untill late next year wich is when I'm sure they will be selling it in 1 gig sticks, I will already have the board and everything just sucks right now.

darrin

Registered
I didn't think (another thread on this also) that was going to be a KT333a chipset.

BTW, I like my new Soltek RV5. It seems to work well so far.

Malakai

i shall say again, there will not be a kt333a, it will go right to a kt400 w/8x agp and 200mhz fsb.
ill be gettin one of those and a barton at end of summer:) and the next gen geforce card
-Malakai

Dissolved

Malakai said:
i shall say again, there will not be a kt333a, it will go right to a kt400 w/8x agp and 200mhz fsb.
ill be gettin one of those and a barton at end of summer:) and the next gen geforce card
-Malakai

dual slagehammers for me :) and ill probly wait till gf6 or something..:rolleyes:

Dissolved

portorock said:
Hey Dissolved, let me know when your Gigabyte comes in, I have the same board, and I don't wanna be the only kid on the block to have one;)

What are the Vcore Settings?
can you get 2v or more?