• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best MOCA adapter for the money right now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeremyCT

After much tribulation and consideration on my part I'm finally sold on MOCA adapters for my needs.

The Motorola MM1000 comes in at $60 per adapter, and well reviewed.

The Actiontec ECB6200K02 is available for about $75 per adapter, in a two pack.

There are lesser , non-bonded 2.0 products available for slightly less. I need to bring an ethernet line to my computer in the office in the back of the house. Coax already exists, and ethernet drops aren't easy for a few reasons. It needs to carry the Internet connection at full speed, and allow me to administrate my PLEX server (add/remove media files).

Is there anything other than the two options above I should be strongly considering?

On another note, can the coax still carry an antenna signal and use these, or is the cable signal somehow different/special? I didn't see an answer to this.

I've read reviews of the actiontec moca 2.0 products and that's the only one I'd be getting as there aren't many moca retail products and even less reviews.

It's "IP over coax". Up to 16 devices can be added to a single drop via existing cat5/6 network. Aside from running ethernet through the attic, sounds like the way to go even if an adapter is needed.

Back