• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trikotret

Hey All,
I just need your opinions on an upgrade. I want a gaming rig that could handle UT2003. Is it better if I upgrade my video card to a Radeon 9700 or get a faster processor. I was thinking of upgrading to an Intel 2.8.
Thanks

MY SYSTEM:

Win XP ProSP1
Gigabyte 7DXR
AMD XP1800+
2X256 PC2100 CRUCIAL
QUANTUM 40GB
VISIONTEK 4400

runsalone

9700. i'd wait till the NV30 came out though, ATI might slash some prices. Or wait for a DDRII 9700.

But really, why not just upgrade to a 2.8 and 9700

Tipycol

If you want the best cpu (and don't have any budget :D), Googlegear has the P4 3.06GHz for only $690 ;)

Is your system overclocked at all, or is the max fsb for that board 133? I personally think you'd see more of an improvement by getting the video card then getting a new processor, and maybe add in a better motherboard, but that's my opinion.

OP
T

trikotret

Hey All,
Thanks for the quck response. My system is overclocked to XP2000. The FSB is147 and stable. I don't think I'll be getting a $690 chip because my wife kick me out of the house...lol I think I'll wait and see what NV30 can produce. I just thought that by upgrading the CPU will give me great frame rates instead of changing the video card.

Mike