• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the highest FSB regardless of multiplyer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TinMan

What is the most someone has got using a nice athlon?

This is just for my own information and the multiplyer aint important.

And I right in thinking that the higher FSB will give more memory bandwidth or does that multiplyer help this also?

youthemandan

8k3a1730.jpg

That with a regular Athlon 1.4 T-bird

maxima88

In order to run at really high FSB, you'll need to lower the multiplier. So in a sense, the multiplier play a role in being able to extend bandwidth.

I've gotten up to 9x206fsb. Need to try 8x to see how high I can take my RAM.

OP
T

TinMan

So providing the system holds together what kind of FSB would be needed to beat the almighty PIV 1066 Rambus systems?

Mr. Chambers

TinMan said:
So providing the system holds together what kind of FSB would be needed to beat the almighty PIV 1066 Rambus systems?

alot more than this generation of AMD cpu's and current DDR ram can provide.. RDRAM is the fastest out there right now no doubt about it, but it costs you. DDRII will surely beat it, but thats months away.

Tipycol

Mr. Chambers said:

alot more than this generation of AMD cpu's and current DDR ram can provide.. RDRAM is the fastest out there right now no doubt about it, but it costs you. DDRII will surely beat it, but thats months away.

nForce 2 will be out soon, although it's not true DDRII, you will still get the same or similar results if you have two sticks of ram in it.