• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the max FSB you get for PC133 CAS3 RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strokeside

I'm just wondering what's the max the ram can go as given in the PC133 specifications.
I read somewhere that PC100 can go up to 124MHz, which I have seen for myself, so I was wondering what was the max PC133 is suppossed to go to, as required in the specificatiopn for PC133.
Anyone know?

I haven't has a problem runing PC-133 at 143 FSB. Works great at that speed. Tried several different sticks/brands as well.

That question is a little too broad. Different PC-133 will do different speeds. Stick with a good brand....

well i have a multiplier of 9 on a Athlon 900 and ive got it to run stably at about 1010mhz on pc133 Shikaram(have you guys heard of this stuff?) ive jsut increaded the fsb if that helps

edit: I think my fsb is 148 or so im not sure

Elmokiddo
aka Fighter5

kingston valueram 256 cas3, i could get up to 147 or so, mostly depended on the cpu and hd though i think. memory may have been able to do a little more. i think if you have the good stuff, high 140s are expected. that is running it at cas2 also.

I get 137 stable, and it just about reaches 143 with my generic (NEC/Hyundai) PC133. Someone gave me a link to PC150 RAM which I might check out, since the RAM seems to be the limiting factor in my system at the moment.

Steve

166 is what I've gotten with a P-III800EB OCed to 996 multiplier of 6 FSB of 166 = 996 :)

DDR-PIII said:
166 is what I've gotten with a P-III800EB OCed to 996 multiplier of 6 FSB of 166 = 996 :)

where do u get the SDRAM that could run @ 166FSB??? brand and place?? i'm in the market for some high speed SDRAM for my PIII......

btw, my 2 sticks of Apacer PC133 CAS3 128MB is doing 144 right now running SETI 24/7 no problem.

I'm notto sureof the name butI did get it from acomputer store just a few blocks from my house I'll look for what theRAm camein so i can get ya a brand name :)

Proper PC 100 spec RAM should have 8ns chips on it, a hell of a lot of "PC 100" had 9 or even 10ns. So proper 8ns PC-100 should push okay to 124. PC-133, I beleive should have 7ns chips on, these should be good for 142.8Mhz, i.e. 143. Since the chips were probably graded by the half nanosecond then probably the range of the timings will be from 6.9ns to 6.5ns, so if you got a good, nearly 6.5ns lot, then they might push to 150 and as much as 153.

However, some guys might have stuck 7ns modules on DIMM cards they first had made up for PC 66, and the electrical performance of the PCB is very lacking so they will not even behave very nice at spec. Also some manufacturers might have regraded their stockpile of 8ns chips and picked out the <7.5ns ones and stuck those on modules that might have been designed for PC100 or PC66 and bang them out with a huge label covering all the chips and trumpet them as PC133.
Road Warrior

that is a good way of answering the question, roadwarrior. thanks. i actually learned something.

pc-100

My first ever ram was crucial pc-100. I got it about 4-5 years ago, and before I sold it tested how far it would go. I had it running at 150fsb (cas3) fully stable with default volts. (asus p3bf, PIII600@900) Everything was stable for the couple of days that I had it running at that speed!

Apacer 2 X 128Mb CAS3 tRAS6 tRP3 tRCD3 I/O Voltage at 3.64V 143MHz. Not bad but not good either. With almost everything you get what you pay for.

I dunno well I think ive gotten upto 148 with no volt increases with Shikaram, its pretty no named in my opinion I got the 256 meg chip for $49CAD when prices were low

Back