• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the max rez on a nVidia Vanta LT???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scotsdale007

Registered
I was handed a Compaq Presairo 5000 yesterday and asked to make it quit crashing. So after removing tons of adware/spyware and a virus here and there I went to up the resolution from 640 x 480 to something higher and ther is nothing higher. The slider will not move from 640x480. I can change color depth but not resolution. Tried latest drivers from nVidia.... bad idea.

larva

Inactive Moderator
I don't feel like installing my Vanta to find out, but they can do at least 1280x1024, maybe 1600x1200. You've got a software issue. Older drivers like 42.01 work better on non-fx nvidia cards.

Graphic67

Also, look at the monitor driver setting. It is likely set to "Standard VGA 640x480" and windows will not allow you to select a higher resolution with that driver setting.

OP
S

scotsdale007

Registered
Got it recognize the card as a standard VGA card and boot without crashing. Rebooted in safe mode and was able to restore the factory Compaq drivers. Rebooted and all was well. Tried installing a couple of different newer but not the newest nVida drivers and it does not like it. Did not matter if I installed in normal or safe mode windows. Went back to Compaqs drivers and things seem ok. Now have a wider range of resolutions to choose from.