• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the real difference between these radeon cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tim the Toolman

Registered
Here they are.

ATI Radeon 32MB DDR 4X AGP Video Card - LE Version -Powered by the ATI RADEON graphics processing unit (GPU) Featuring ATIs CHARISMA ENGINE, PIXEL TAPESTRY and VIDEO IMMERSION technologies NO Hyper Z ! - OEM Version - NO TV OUT (Click Here for Special TV Out Version) Free Fedex Saver Shipping
Detail Specs - Product Link -See It! (N82E16814102165)
(avg rating out of 155 reviews)
$78.00

ATI RADEON VE 32MB DDR DUAL VGA DISPLAY with 2 VGA Out and one TV Out OEM - Brown Box The RADEON VE chip features a highly integrated display architecture including two integrated DACs and CRT controllers, integrated support for DVI (Digital Flat Panel) resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 and integrated TV-Out. (no S-video to Composite cable!) Fedex Saver Shipping $3.00
-See It! (N82E16814102173)
(avg rating out of 145 reviews)
$84.00

ATI Radeon 32MB DDR 4X AGP Video Card with TV Out - LE Version -Powered by the ATI RADEON graphics processing unit (GPU) Featuring ATIs CHARISMA ENGINE, PIXEL TAPESTRY and VIDEO IMMERSION technologies NO Hyper Z ! - OEM Version Fedex Saver Shipping $8.00
- Product Link -See It! (N82E16814102174)
(avg rating out of 61 reviews)
$88.00

I am mainly interested in gaming, but want to know what these cards really do ? For 10 bucks difference in price do the other features hinder the cards abilities or enhance them?
Yet another question from a ever curious newbie....

I know where you got the decriptions from... I just got the LE version from there.

The LE is an OEM meant for the Asian market. It has HyperZ disabled, but most people here can tell you how easy it is to enable. The LE version can also come with the TV out option... the extra money is gives you nothing else.

The VE gets lessor results than the LE ...It is marketed as a value card with lots of features. The only thing I noticed was dual display mode.

The LE is a good deal IMHO. It has great potential for overclocking, but if it performs well enough when you get it, there is no need to tweak it, (did I just commit blasphemy??)

All of them are OEMs and from ATI that means no fans on the HS and lower clock speeds, but that can be remedied if necessary.

Overall the LE card is a great value.
Love mine.
SteveI.

SteveI (May 06, 2001 07:10 p.m.):
I know where you got the decriptions from... I just got the LE version from there.

The LE is an OEM meant for the Asian market. It has HyperZ disabled, but most people here can tell you how easy it is to enable. The LE version can also come with the TV out option... the extra money is gives you nothing else.

The VE gets lessor results than the LE ...It is marketed as a value card with lots of features. The only thing I noticed was dual display mode.

The LE is a good deal IMHO. It has great potential for overclocking, but if it performs well enough when you get it, there is no need to tweak it, (did I just commit blasphemy??)

All of them are OEMs and from ATI that means no fans on the HS and lower clock speeds, but that can be remedied if necessary.

Overall the LE card is a great value.
Love mine.
SteveI.

I agree with Steve, after flashing the Radeon LE with the retail Bios; it is running at 165mhz and has hyper-Z enabled (see my other post). No more tweaking is needed unless you want to. I don't unless I am benchmarking; running games with default settings is great. Can't top the performance for 78.00.

Amiel

Pualdogg...is your quote from Blink182's Cheshire Cat (awsome cd). We had a thread here about music and I thought I was the only punk fan.

dude, blink isnt punk
they sold out to *shudders* pop....
GoB is also gone....

who left?? i'll stick with AFI, guttermouth, and jugheads revenge....

pennywise is also changing a bit too much 4 me....
Makes me wish i didn't trade for this voodoo

and i'm betting it makes OF wish he didnt get rid of it.

Is the Radeon 32meg DDR better then the GF2mx?? like, really?? is it?? i need a comaprison, of a standard Radeon, and a GF2mx, and i ahvent been able to find one...

anand or X-Bit shoudl do one!

Back