• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats the right way to uninstall drivers ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheesy Peas

in control panel( windows ) add remove programs and there should be ATI display drivers, and ATI control panel, just uninstall display drivers.

PreservedSwine

DDR-PIII said:
im getting rid of the 3.4's for the 3.2 how can do it right ?

Excelent question- I hated it when XP would automatically re-install drivers.

If you want to do it right, follow this guide, it will not only eliminate XP from popping in a new set of drivers, but will completely uninstall old drivers......

You will need to sign up to view this post, but it's free, and well worth it..

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8053

Cheesy Peas

how about not having to sign up to something i prob wont use again, save them some space.

Just copy and paste what it says so everyone can read it.
:)

PreservedSwine

Cheesy Peas said:
how about not having to sign up to something i prob wont use again, save them some space.

Just copy and paste what it says so everyone can read it.
:)

I wouold, but it actually includes plenty of screenshots. It's the most user-freindly uninstallation guide I've ever seen, and is WELL WORTH joining up, if but ONLY for this one post- go ahead and join, and I think you'll understand why a copy&paste just won't cut it.

Just take a peek, and then you can tell everyone else if it's worth it or not;)

FYI: I have NO affiliation w/ that site, and have never posted there, found this guide just like I'm showing it to you....