• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's this worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tjr1973

I just got done building my new computer. I'm going to try and sell my old computer to a friend and have no idea what it's worth. It's an old Dell Dimension 8100, Intel 850 Motherboard, Intel Pentium 4 2.5 with a 400 FSB (Using a Powerleap Adaptor, it was a socket 423 and is now a socket 478), 4 128 Meg sticks of PC800 RDRam, Visiontek GeForce 4 Ti4600, Turtle beach santa cruz sound card, 56K Modem US Robotics on board 10/100. I'm going to sell just the tower with no speakers or monitor. I do have a keyboard and mouse but those aren't a big deal. I was thinking of asking 400-500 Dollars. Am I too high?

well, for $500 he could get a low end new one from Dell.

I'd say $300ish. The video card is worth around $80, the mobo $40, the processor $50, the ram $100. It's a Dell so the PSU blows. The modem isn't really worth anything, nor is the sound card.

Just my two cents...

So I guess that means the guy on the HardOCP Forums trying to sell an AMD 500 System for 150.00 is completely out of his mind.

MuEagle05 said:
well, for $500 he could get a low end new one from Dell.

I'd say $300ish. The video card is worth around $80, the mobo $40, the processor $50, the ram $100. It's a Dell so the PSU blows. The modem isn't really worth anything, nor is the sound card.

Just my two cents...
I agree with what he ^^^^ says. Hell for that price I would just keep it as a backup or server or something. Mod the crap out of it and see what you can come up with. Or if you really want to be cool then you can donate it to a church or something.

Back