• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's wrong with my new P4 system...terrible!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

winder

I just installed my computer last night. P4 2.4B, P4PE, 512m Corsair 3200c2, ATI AIW 8500DV, Maxtor 30G uDMA 100 HD.

That's the basic environment...

I leave all the setting in the Bios to default. fresh installed winXP sp1, with all the drivers.

Then I tested in 3dMark 2001se default setting, the score is only ......2xxx..... What the hell is going on?

Anyone can tell me where I might have made a mistake?

BTW: is a same "secret" 3:4 jump in P4PE like P4B533?

:eek: :confused: :mad: :(

beezee

there could be a lot of things wrong here.... it could be the driver that you're using, you should test with different drivers to see which one works best for you. You could always get higher scores by raising your fsb and playing with settings in your bios for your video card. You can also get higher scores by overclocking your video card core and memory. Most people do all (fsb, vc settings, vc overclock). Also, most people choose to have 4X AA disabled....... so as you can see, there are a lot of things that contribute to getting high 3dmark scores..... good luck! :)

Last edited:

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
beezee said:
Also, most people choose to have 4X agp disabled.......

Just wondering why u would disable 4X agp??? I thought it was suppose to make things run faster. But maybe im wrong with that statement so please correct me if im wrong.

beezee

deathman20 you are corect... sorry it's early and I'm not up yet... I meant AA.... :)

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
I know what you mean got up 4 hours ago and couldn't remeber what I was suppose to due today. Almost forgot got to go to work. :) But then again if i missed work I wouldn't probley be on the forums right now since my connection at home is going to ****.

OP
W

winder

I did, install the "inf" things from p4pe's driver CD. and drivers for onboard lan/sound/raid/ ... also the driver for ATI 8500DV.

Faint, even the firist test from 3dmark---that low detail one with a jeep running under attack....I got only 15 - 34 frames/sec....

something wrong....definitely...

Ridgod

Registered
well...you can try reformat, install XP, then the Chipset INF driver, then the Radeon drivers and try again..

-=UR=- Ranger

Sounds for me, as if the chipset drivers wheren't installed at all...
Have you tried to remove the video drivers, than installed the chipset agp drivers, and after that reinstalled the video drivers?

You should get much higher score with the AIW 8500.

Or your CPU is overheating and the thermal throttling is on to prevent it from beeing fried...

mrksha

Registered
instal the latest catalyst 2.4 from ati website

go to services and make sure that ati smart service is set to auto

check the smartgart tab in advanced display properties

for some strange reason you`re prolly running at Agp 0 or you turned AA on for D3D

Also check the advanced smart gart properties:start/run/smartgart

hope this helps