• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's wrong with this DIMM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noble

Hi I just bought an Kingston 256 Mbit 133 FBS SDRAM DIMM memory, but when I put it to my Asus mobo all I get out of it is 128!! What is wrong with this? Should I just return it?

JaY_III

Senior of BX
how many chips are on it?
HAve you tried another DIMM Socket?
if it is high density RAM thier is a good chance your motherboard does not support high density

OP
noble

noble

I tried it on every socket, I'm not sure if it is high density. But I've contacted the store where I got it and I'm going to return it so I get my money back. I think I'm going to get more memory from some place else.

asw7576

my motto....

Always RMA as soon as something is not right with electronic components.

Never be a Mac Geyver kind of people: never wasting your time trying to fix a faulty components.

OP
noble

noble

That's a good advise, but I was tempted because McGyver was one of my favorite TV-shows when I was just a kid. And Richard Dean Anderson still is one of my favorite actors! :D