• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats your best ut 2003 settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dweller

Registered
mine 10?? 7?? never can remember the exact num 32 color
all settings at full , speed 200 , 36 bots ( gonna try 60 - 80 )

this plays sweet on my system no lag and a lot of fps

1.1 duron
256 133 ram
gf3 ti 200 128 ddr
20 gig hd 7200
?????? mboard

Karl04

i would guess that ur Geforce 3 ti 200 with 128mbs ddr is quite well suited for higher resolutions and 32bit. has more memory than the standard 64 mb.
and ur cpu is fast enough.

just overclock ur gf3 from 175/400 to 200/450 or even higher like 220/500 if it can take

memory speed is more improtant than GPU, so i heard

Karl

Cy

What exactly is your FPS during a match with 36 bots at those settings?

Cy

OP
Dweller

Dweller

Registered
i just cant do 60 bot's it wont let me whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
36 is gooooooooood but just not nuff comptitiuon
60 - 80 fps with 36 bot's :)

rb26dett

Disabled
Dweller said:
i just cant do 60 bot's it wont let me whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
36 is gooooooooood but just not nuff comptitiuon
60 - 80 fps with 36 bot's :)

60-80fps all settings to max with your system ??? i seriously doubt that.

OP
Dweller

Dweller

Registered
well doubt all you want it's true

< if its any help ime only useing the demo >

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
rb26dett said:

60-80fps all settings to max with your system ??? i seriously doubt that.

I'm not so sure anymore...they do seem high (60-80FPS on max), but...

I just (finally) loaded up UT2K3 on my duallie, with intentions of getting a CTF server up soon.

specs;

2x XP1600+ @ 1750 ea (3.5GHz total)
MSI K7D Master-L
512MB PC2100
GF2 MX400 (64MB SDR)

I'm getting much, MUCH better performance running on this machine instead of my "main" rig, which, while it has one fewer CPU and half the DDR, has a GF4 onboard.

I've been holding off on reformatting my main for a bit (need to save some stuff to CDR first, and been to lazy/busy). I'll be curious to see how it runs on the main afterwards. I do have quite a few apps running, but have disabled/closed most and still gotten the "slide-show".

Both machines are set up the same in the BIOS... 4X, AGP aperture 64MB, etc..bla, bla, bla.

I've got almost everything set to "Highest" on the duallie, and it flies. Anything over "Normal" on my "main" gives me a slide show. :rolleyes:

I got the GF4 to replace the GF2 specifically for this game and the GF2 is running it better?? :confused: I thought the graphics card was going to be more of a factor on how this game ran, as opposed to CPU power/total memory.

OH, BTW..."Torkai Forest" (sp?) in Team DeathMatch is unbelievable when played while wearing headphones....:eek: :cool: There's a lot of subtle noises I've been missing thru the speakers. Cool map anyways, but with the graphics cranked up and headphones on....sweetness. ;)

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
*sigh*

Well...when I upped the bot count, it did get choppy. I had been running 7 bots (for 4 on 4 matches). When I ran anything over 9 bots, it started getting choppy.

Still runs better than the main though. :confused:

I'm gonna try swapping in the GF4 in the duallie later, just to see what happens.

B.

jacheatamobits

i got the demo too, but until i read this i never knew you coould play with more bots

99 bots, with ALL the details ALL the way up, 800x600, but still a couple errors (sometimes there will be a tree. or something with what looks like red fungus(dots) rendered on it)

otherwise i cant tell what FPS im at, but its VERY playable

man, 99 bots is fun :)

[email protected]

I run it at the highest detail settings and run it at 1280x1024, so far avg, about 55fps, and not bad at all. the highest I've played is with 15 bots so far, gonna try 25 next and see how lagggy it might or might not get

OP
Dweller

Dweller

Registered
36 is the most bots u can get in the demo not 99 no computer alive would be able to handle that no matter what the screen res is

jacheatamobits

no, i think were both wrong, i think its 16 MAX

man, i need to get the retail

oh, and yeah, i got 1024 w/all the extras, but i think i still need to oc my vid card (

my demo doesnt like high FSB, i think it might just be a stability prob...

ninthebin

I was all up for believing you until you mentioned what framerates you got...

decent enough system like - but I cant see it pulling all that off...Max settings with 36 bots...I doubt you would get above 60fps standing in the corner of the map looking at the floor

OP
Dweller

Dweller

Registered
ill post the results then :p

and 36-38 is the most bots you can get in the demo :)